Photographer An-My Lê: 2012 $500,000 MacArthur Fellowship "Genius" Grant Winner.

Photographer An-My Lê was named a MacArthur Fellow in 2012. The Fellowship is a $500,000, no-strings-attached grant for individuals who have shown exceptional creativity in their work and the promise to do more. Learn more at www.macfound.org/fellows.








 "When I became a photographer one of the first things I learned from speaking to other artists who had more experience was that unless you’re a conceptual artist it’s best to draw from what you know the most. And what did I know the most? It was how much of a mess my life was, and trying to make sense of it and the questions of war and destruction- how things are still unresolved with the Vietnam War in America. That’s something I wanted to touch, as well as the representation of war in movies and, now, the war in Iraq."

~An-My Lê







You have read this article An-My Lê / documentary photographer / Fine ARt Photography / Large Format / MacArthur Fellowship with the title Photographer An-My Lê: 2012 $500,000 MacArthur Fellowship "Genius" Grant Winner.. You can bookmark this page URL http://nikiinwonderland.blogspot.com/2012/10/photographer-my-le-2012-500000.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...