Behind the Scenes Fashion & Nature Shoot for Nude Magazine Iceland.

Photographing wildlife that is not moving, may sound like an easy task. But Uri Golman's WILD project at the Natural History Museum posed another kind of challenge.

Uri Golman explains: "One of the challenges to the job was that the dioramas (A model representing a scene with three-dimensional figures, either in miniature or as a large-scale museum exhibit.) are covered by a very thick layer of glass - and not only that. The glass is angled at approximate 70 degrees to the floor and is kind of scratched by the thousands of hands that have visited the museum over the years.

This extra piece of thick glass in front of the lens would normally make it hard to focus, but the precision focus feature of the 645DF made the work easy and I could work like I would have done in any studio.

The only problem being that the models could not hear what I said, so we had to invent a simple sign language!"

For the shoot I chose to use my Phase One 645DF camera with an IQ180 back. I have used this fantastic camera for the past 6 months and it never ceases to amaze me. The sharpness and details of the images and the 16 bit tonal range is a real plus when it comes to create creative imagery, so it was perfect for the job.

Follow Uri Golman on his shoot at the Natural History Museum





"The dioramas of the Natural History Museum in Copenhagen, Denmark have always inspired me. I still remember looking at them when I was just a small kid. I would stand there dreaming of becoming a wildlife photographer, going on adventures into the wild and to photograph the animals that I saw behind the glass. 
The daydreaming never stopped…" ~ Uri Golman



You have read this article behind the scenes / Fashion photography / location shoot / Medium Format / medium format digital / Phase 645DF / Phase One / Uri Golman with the title Behind the Scenes Fashion & Nature Shoot for Nude Magazine Iceland.. You can bookmark this page URL http://nikiinwonderland.blogspot.com/2012/07/behind-scenes-fashion-nature-shoot-for.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...